CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Grocery Challenge Day Four

Today my dinner plans were cancelled, so I didn’t feel bad when I spent $1.70 for crab salad from the deli to add to my lunch. That was the only thing I bought today. Here’s what we had:
Breakfast: French toast (made last weekend, put in freezer..pop in toaster to heat) with blueberries.
Lunch: Veggie subs (baby greens, spinach, cuke and spring onion with slices of cheddar and light mayo), seafood salad, applesauce and 90-calorie pound cakes with pureed black cherries. Iced tea
Dinner: Fried zucchini cakes topped with light sour cream, side salad, iced tea.
Snack: Zucchini bread with light butter.
Made two additional zucchini breads last night, put in freezer and will take them on vacation with us.

Total spent so far this week: $32.46/$100

For anyone that hasn't ever made zucchini cakes with the over load of zucchini from the garden, I highly recommend you do! Shred the zukes (food processor works great), add shredded or diced onion (I used sliced spring onion from the garden), egg and flour to bind mixture, season with salt and pepper...fry stovetop in a thin layer of olive oil and serve with sour cream on the side. Fabulous! Here's a picture of mine cooking:

They are so yummy!!

0 comments: