CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Economical Dish Today


Great, easy dish to make as the weather gets warmer. Tuna pasta salad is one of my family's favorites and we make it often. Today, I made a whole batch for an amazing price. Let me show you:

2 cans tuna $1.00 (purchased at my local surplus store)
celery .10
onion .10
mayonnaise .32 (1/8 of a jar that I paid $2.50 for)
pasta shells (1 lb) .50 (great sale with a coupon)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
= $2.02

Nice deal indeed! All you do is make your favorite tuna salad and mix it with cooked pasta of your choice. (make it a little wetter than usual, the pasta will soak up some of the mayo) Great served on a bed of lettuce, with fruit on the side or just right out of the container! We will get about six servings, so for $.34 per serving, it's a fabulous bargain! Give it a try!

0 comments: