CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Why I Love Aldi's

Took the day off of work and ran some errands. I ended up at Aldi's "for a few things" and I'm sorry, I just can't help myself when I'm there! I love their produce and frozen foods. So, when all was said and done, here's what I bought:

1 package turkey meatballs
1 Fit & Active meal
1 pound lean ground beef
2 cans tomato soup
1 6-pack of flavored water
1/2 gallon of 1% milk
1 bottle of ketchup (32 oz.)
1 can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
1 can fat-free cream of chicken soup
1 can stewed tomatoes
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cans kidney beans
1 container light sour cream
2 cans fat free chicken broth
4 cans baked beans
1 bottle Ibuprofen
1 package gorganzola cheese
1 package hummus
1 box corn flakes
3 lbs sweet onions
3 lbs apples
1 package fresh asparagus
1 package diced ham (refrigerated)
1 bunch celery
2 lbs red grapes
1 bag flat leaf spinach (fresh)
1 bag pretzel crackers
1 bag blue tortilla chips (organic)
1 bag pita chips
1 loaf 12-grain bread
1 dozen large eggs

Total spent: $44.57 ~ are you kidding me? I will guarantee that the same order would have cost me at least double at a regular grocery store. And let's face it...this is healthy food fare! So you CAN eat healthy on a budget! Go Aldi's!!

0 comments: