Easy Apple Dumplings
1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
5 medium apples, peeled, cored and halved
1 cup sugar
1 cup water (or substitute with apple or orange juice)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Flatten biscuits with hand.
2. Wrap each biscuit around an apple half; place seam side down into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
3. Combine sugar, water, butter, and vanilla; pour into pan.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon over dumplings.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender.