CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Yesterday's Food Challenge

So we started bouncing back after Fat Friday…I walked to the grocery store and spent $5.53 on milk, eggs, hot sauce, pierogies and corn on the cob.

Breakfast: Egg/Fat Free Ham/LowFat cheese sandwich on high fiber english muffins.

Lunch: Pita pizzas (Individual pizzas made on pita bread ~ your choice of toppings).

Dinner: New England Pierogi dinner (combo of cabbage, pierogies, corn on cob and turkey kielbasa in a light Old Bay boil). I've posted this recipe before and raved about how economical and quick it is, but as a reminder...dang! It is soooo good. And we have leftovers in the fridge. Here's a pic I took of the dish...(taken last year I think, but this is what it looks like) For the recipe, click on the picture...

Snack: Last of the blueberries.

Total spent this week to date: $73.10/$100 ~ That’s about average for us (but usually includes HBA and paper goods). I will probably add some things tomorrow before the week is up as I’m trying to stock up for our vacation that starts next Saturday and still stay in the budget. So far, so good and I do believe we are going to be able to pack the majority of our food for vacation, leaving some room in our budget to have a dinner out while vacationing. Love it!

0 comments: