CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Signed Up For A Frugal Challenge

For those of you that are not aware, All You magazine is hosting a "Grocery Challenge" with a grand prize of a $1,000 grocery card and a prize pack. The challenge is to spend only $25 per week, per person on groceries. I have signed up for that challenge. I have four family members. The entries are judged 50% budget, 25% creativity and 25% healthy. There's the real challenge everyone is facing, but one that I'm very used to...eating healthy on a budget. So, if you don't mind, I will be posting my progress through the challenge on my blog (with the exception of the week I'm on vacation without internet...talk about a challenge!). For more info on the challenge, click HERE. And on to day one:

I did not spend any money on groceries and am using what I already have on hand.

Breakfast: English muffin toast with light butter and homemade strawberry jam (given to me by a friend), banana.
Lunch: Varied a little but between family members ~ sandwiches with light mayo, marinated veggie salad (mostly veggies from our garden), leftover stir fry, yogurt, granola, fruit and iced tea. Lunches usually vary because we pack our lunches and it’s the meal we get to “pick our own” foods. Funny: bartered for the tomatoes by offering to water the plants on the neighbor’s porch while they’re on vacation.

Dinner: Spinach/artichoke chicken breasts, tossed salad and applesauce.

Snack: popcorn

Let the game begin!!

0 comments: