CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fat Fridays

I Wasn’t able to post about yesterday’s meals, due to time constraints, so here goes. Fridays are our splurge days and I often refer to them as “Fat Friday” because everyone gets anything they want. We usually end up with pizza for dinner and hubby and I go out for lunch since we work in close proximity. Yesterday, we had:

Breakfast: Cereal with blueberries, coffee/tea.

Lunch: Dined out – Italian focaccia sandwich (me) and fish sandwich platter (hubby). Total bill: $14.82.

Dinner: Three out of the four of us went to a neighborhood block party to eat. We spent $20 for food tickets, ended up giving some away (no refunds) but I’ll count the whole $20 because that’s what we spent. Mental note: Don’t send hubby to buy the tickets. Excellent food though, potato cakes, halushki, french fries….that’s why we call it “Fat Friday”! Good thing we watch our diets the rest of the week!
Snack: None...no room!

Total spent for week one so far: $67.57.

I just want to make the point that you CAN splurge a little with good planning and consistent smart shopping.

0 comments: